Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Need To Believe This Today

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even."
– Muhammad Ali

Listen friend, I don't care how cliche or dumb this quote is. Sometimes you (okay fine, I)just need to know that being defeated can having a redeeming quality and serve a purpose. And sometimes that encouragement comes in the form of a quote from Muhammad Ali. That's just life, and today, I'm not fighting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This blog is basically how I de-stress from 1.) all the awkwardness I encounter and cause on a daily basis and 2.) life in general. You know all of those little situations and bumps in the road that you don't give a second that about? (No, you don't know, because you didn't give them a second thought.) Well, those kinds of situations tend to create existential dilemmas in my soul. So at some point I will probably give you too much in depth information on my emotional, spiritual, and mental health, because some self-absorbed part of me thinks you really want to know.

Followers