Thursday, October 28, 2010

Aware

You know how when you buy a new car you suddenly begin to see "your car" everywhere? And you begin to think that everyone is driving "your car".

I think I have heard/read at least three different stories about adoption this week. It seems that everywhere I turn, I find another story about adoption. I don't know if it is because I have been thinking about it a lot the past week and so my eyes and ears are just noticing a few stories, or if I am actually encountering an odd amount of "adoption-ness" for one week. Maybe a mixture of both.

Yes, I am adopted. Kidding. I had actually always wished growing up that I was adopted. Unfortunately, all us kid's births were videotaped--which, as a child, was both disturbing and slightly dream-crushing. Okay, it is definitely still disturbing.

When we were younger, every once in a while our family would watch home videos. We would all be laughing about how cute we were and how crazy so and so's hair was...then we would run into "a birth". Seeing as how there are five of us, this happened fairly often in our home videos. An awkward silence would fall over us as we would slowly trickle out of the room until the labor was over or until someone had the sense to fast forward through the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
This blog is basically how I de-stress from 1.) all the awkwardness I encounter and cause on a daily basis and 2.) life in general. You know all of those little situations and bumps in the road that you don't give a second that about? (No, you don't know, because you didn't give them a second thought.) Well, those kinds of situations tend to create existential dilemmas in my soul. So at some point I will probably give you too much in depth information on my emotional, spiritual, and mental health, because some self-absorbed part of me thinks you really want to know.

Followers